What are the steps we take to refinishing your kitchen cabinets?
- First we take down and label all cabinet doors, drawers, and hardware. We label everything so we know exactly what we are working with and ensuring no loss of hardware.
- We then wipe down all the cabinets with a degreasing agent to ensure we have a totally clean surface to work with moving forward.
- Our next step ensuring will be sealing off the kitchen so no dust enters in other rooms. Once the kitchen is sealed we use a ventilator machine to remove any odours through the window. Once the kitchen is sealed it will be for the duration of the job.
- The door’s and drawers will be taken to our shop. Or we provide in-home refinishing of complete cabinets.
- Next we will do a light sanding of the cabinets and the doors so we have a good adhesion on the surface for the primer.
- After a light sanding we will fill any cracks or blemishes with wood filler, returning those cabinets to factory new quality.
- Now we start with a coat of primer on your doors, built-ins and cabinets in your kitchen.
- Once our primer paint coat is dry we will do another light sanding of all the primed surfaces and cabinets.
- If there is any unwanted spacing around the doors now is when we would add caulking to close off those spaces.
- Here comes the paint! We will apply two coats of paint to all of the built-ins, doors and drawers. Your doors and drawers will be taken to our spray booth. In this controlled spray booth we will spray finish your cabinets and drawers to factory finish.
- We will apply 2 coats of paint and will lightly sand between each coat.
- We will then re-install your kitchen cabinetry and drawers and all hardware.
- That’s it you are all set with your new kitchen and money saved on a big project.
NOTE: Our main goal is to complete on-site cabinets, so you can use your kitchen on the third day. And complete on the fifth day.